THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Man of the House



Now that we are finally elbow deep in med school, and I say we bc as Russell attends the classes, it is a huge sacrifice for each of us, but totally worth it to see Russell's dream come true!!!,,, I have noticed more and more in the past month Jett growing up into this little man. Gosh, It feels like just yesterday I was trying to figure out, OMG, how do I tell my dad I'm pregnant?!?!Lol, And now Jett is running around as a little independent mini Russell, and he is already almost 4 yrs old.... SHEWWWWW Time sure does fly esp when you're having fun ;)
So!! Russell always has to go back to school for study time after the boys are put to bed, but my little smarty pants, Jett, has picked up on Russell's routine. Ah-hah so everynight it is like clock work, we get the boys in their PJ's tuck them in, Russell leaves about 10 min after the boys are down, and then BAM 5 min pass and I see a little blond head poke around the corner, of course he is checking to see if Russ is still here, and then he gives me his charming little smile and says, "mom I wanna see a movie, pleeeeeaaaassssssssse"., and this goes back in fort for an hour atleast! Well, tonight was a tad bit different... we tucked the boys in, and Russell headed out lugging all his books making a little bit of noise, so I knew Jett would hear him leave & be out of his room in just a few minutes. So I waited & I waited, hmmmm no Jett. Maybe the run to the park really wore him out & he just fell asleep... Nope! Jett was just a little late making his way out tonight. Being a little late wasn't the only difference in tonight's little escapades... he struts out of his room, and he has this whole tough guy image going on. I simply say " Jett, you need to go to bed" and he responds with " Mom! I'm going to bed, but I need to tell you that if any bad guy comes here all you have to do is scream and I will kick his butt" I try to hold back a smirk bc it was the cutest thing I had ever seen, but I knew he was trying to be taken seriously so I just say"ok & thanks" ( i guess)... then, HOLD ON, get Better, he puts his hand on my head and says, " Mom, you dont have to be scared, I'm just in my room" Oh.My.Frickin.Lordy, it was down right the cutest little display of , well Iodnt know, but it was adorable, and that is when I realized... I am so proud of Jett for attempting to step in as "man of the house" while his daddy has to be away!

0 comments: