THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 5, 2009

living in the wild wild west

For many, Colorado may not be considered the "wild wild West", as for me... this is as wild and as west as it gets!
Russell & I have finally settled in our beautiful little townhome in Parker, Co, that's right, I said COLORADO:) I still can't believe this east coast girl is living mountain standard time. Life here in the Rocky mountains has been anything but dull, it is filled with beautiful scenery & magestic mountains. Granted I do miss the beach:( but I have found some satisfaction in the 45 min drive up to look out mountain, and Jett & Jameson love when I roll all the windows down blast the radio and take off towards the peaks. It has been amazing and life changing to experience the beauty and awe of God's work.
I titled this the wild wild west not bc the crazy lifestyle we have now adapted to in "medschool" but bc my first week here in the quaint town of Parker, we experienced 4 tornado warnings, and 2 weeks later I experienced my 1st hail storm, shewwwwwy!
Who would of thought that in the middle of summer, driving back from the store on a clear sunny 90 deg day, out of nowhere your truck would be plummeted by huge balls of ice. Interesting! I guess there is a price to pay to wake up every morning the most beautiful sunrises. We live a short 2 hours from Wyoming, and I have made that trip a few times already. It is amazingly gorgeous heading out that way, and it is definitely cowboy country. Every movie I saw when I was little about the wild west had to have been filmed in Wyoming. It is unbelievable. We have seen much more than deer, we have encountered elk as well as buffalo out there, definitely animals you that you wouldn't see on the side of I-95 back home :P Just a few weeks ago, I drove out of our very populated neighborhood only to turn a corner and see a huge elk running through the parking lot of the local grocery store, of course I slammed on my brakes, causing a ruckus behind me as I sat there in the middle of the road flipping out trying to find my camera. Typical me... Needless to say I am very thankful we moved here in the summer while the weather, besides the tornadoes & hail storms permitted, and I have been able to admire the beauty and wonders of Colorado during the wrm sunny days. This is to be continued once i see the st snow flurry and temps get below 50 deg. eeeeeeek I may start missing Florida:)
I do miss all of my friends & family & can't wait for all the visits so we can explore this state together!

0 comments: